- 6 servings
- 1 lb organic strawberries, hulled and quartered
- ½ cup Brachetto d’Acqui (or other lightly sweet wine, like Moscato)
- ¼ cup + 3 TBSP coconut sugar
- 1 vanilla bean scraped (or ¼ tsp vanilla bean powder)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 5 small Amaretti
- 1/3 cup superfine brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup slivered or sliced almonds
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp flaky sea salt (like Maldon)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, cold (measure it out and keep in fridge until ready to use)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 6 4-oz ramekins on a baking sheet and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl toss the strawberries, 2 TBSP coconut sugar, vanilla bean and Brachetto. Allow to macerate for at least 15 minutes at room temp while preparing the topping.
- 3. Crumble the amaretti in a food processor. Add ¼ cup of the coconut sugar, the brown rice flour, tapioca starch, almonds, almond extract, baking powder and salt. Pulse to combine. Add the cold coconut butter and pulse just until a crumbly dough forms. Topping can be made ahead; keep in fridge until ready to use.
- 4. By now the strawberries should be nice and juicy. Add the cornstarch to the bowl and toss to combine. Fill the ramekins with the strawberry mixture and top with the crumble. Bake for 25 minutes, until the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
- 5. Let cool for a few minutes before serving. I like to add a dollop of vanilla coconut milk ice cream on top. And most importantly, serve with a cold glass of the Brachetto!
I’m a mom of two young boys, a sommelier, a former restaurateur, and a passionate home cook. I believe in eating well and celebrating life every day, not just on weekends or holidays or vacation. With delicious, healthy food, good wine and family and friends gathered around the table. This is my happy place.
My goal is to inspire to get you into the kitchen, and to take the mystery out of serving wine with food. On a Tuesday night. With picky eaters, even toddlers. It’s totally doable. Especially with a glass of wine. Trust me.